Roti is a staple food in many South Asian countries, and it is often left over after a meal. However, if you have leftover roti, you can easily turn it into a delicious and healthy pizza with just a few ingredients.
Here’s a simple leftover roti pizza recipe that you can try
Ingredients to make this roti pizza:
- Leftover roti
- Pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice (e.g. sliced vegetables, meats, herbs)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your leftover roti on a baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce or tomato sauce over the chapati and also leaving a little bit of space around the edges.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Add your toppings of choice. You can use any toppings you like, such as sliced vegetables, meats, or herbs.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the pizza is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the pizza into wedges and serve.
- If you want a crispier crust, you can brush the roti with a little bit of olive oil before adding the sauce and toppings.
- Also, be careful not to overload the pizza with toppings, as this can make the crust soggy.
- You can also experiment with different sauces and toppings to create your own unique flavor combinations.
- This recipe is a great way to use up leftover roti, but you can also use naan or other flatbreads if you don’t have roti on hand.
Overall, leftover roti pizza is a quick and easy way to turn your leftovers into a delicious and satisfying meal. Moreover, with just a few simple ingredients, you can create a healthy and flavorful pizza that’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.