Pahadi dish is surprisingly delicious, despite being simple. It’s very healthy and helps to increase the immune system which will help us in this pandemic. The use of seasonal foods, fresh spices, and homemade ghee does all the magic. Redu is a popular Himachali Pahadi dish made with lassi, rice, and methi.
Ingredients of Pahadi Dish Redu
- Curd/Dahi or lassi
- Methi/Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 -2 stems Green garlic, chopped
- Green chili, chopped
- Turmeric powder
- Dry coriander
- Hing (dissolved in water)
- Salt to taste
Step By Step
- First of all, put a spoon of ghee in the cooker.
- After that, when it becomes slightly hot, add half a spoon of cumin seeds.
- After roasting it, put onion in it. When the onion is lightly fried, then add ground coriander in it. Then put tomatoes in it.
- After that put the chopped fenugreek leaves in the tomato and mix all the spices well in it.
- After that mix rice also well in the spices.
- After that put half a glass of water in it and then close the cooker.
- After one whistle , turn off the gas and then put lassi in it.
- Mix rice and fenugreek well in the lassi. After few minutes turn off the gas.