Tea time snacks are an important part of many people’s daily routines. However, often these snacks are high in calories and can lead to weight gain if consumed in excess. You can consume these low calorie tea time snacks.
Here are six low-calorie tea time snacks that are delicious and guilt-free:
- Baked sweet potato fries: Sweet potatoes are a nutritious and low-calorie snack that can be made into crispy fries. Simply slice sweet potatoes into thin wedges, season with salt and pepper, and bake in the oven until crispy. Sweet potato fries are a great alternative to traditional French fries and are packed with fiber and vitamins.
- Roasted chickpeas: Roasted chickpeas are a crunchy and satisfying snack that are high in protein and fiber. Simply toss canned chickpeas with olive oil, salt, and spices of your choice, and roast in the oven until crispy. Roasted chickpeas can be flavored with a variety of spices such as paprika, cumin, or garlic powder.
- Fruit salad: A fruit salad is a refreshing and low-calorie snack that is packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Simply chop up your favorite fruits such as berries, kiwi, and mango and mix them together in a bowl. Fruit salad can be enjoyed on its own or with a dollop of Greek yogurt for some added protein.
Some more low calorie tea time snacks:
- Vegetable sticks with hummus: Vegetable sticks such as carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers are a crunchy and nutritious snack that can be dipped in hummus for some added flavor. Also, hummus is a great source of protein and healthy fats and can be made at home using chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Rice cakes with avocado: Rice cakes are a low-calorie and gluten-free snack that can be topped with mashed avocado and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Avocado is a great source of healthy fats and is packed with vitamins and minerals. Rice cakes can also be topped with other toppings such as sliced tomatoes, cucumber, or smoked salmon.
- Mini vegetable quiches: Mini vegetable quiches are a delicious and low-calorie snack that can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a quick snack. Simply whisk together eggs, milk, and your favorite vegetables such as spinach, tomatoes, and bell peppers, and bake in a muffin tin until cooked through. Also, mini quiches can be enjoyed warm or cold and are a great source of protein and fiber.
In conclusion, there are many low-calorie tea time snacks that are delicious and guilt-free. Whether you prefer savory or sweet snacks, there are plenty of options to choose from that are packed with nutrients and flavor. However, by choosing these low-calorie options, you can indulge in your tea time snack cravings without the guilt of consuming too many calories.
Connect with us :
+ There are no commentsAdd yours