Fried Idli is a delicious and easy-to-make snack that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Moreover, this recipe is a great way to use leftover idlis and turn them into a tasty snack that can be enjoyed as a breakfast or an evening snack. However, the crispy texture and the spicy flavor of Fried Idlis make them a favorite among snack lovers. In this article, we will discuss the step-by-step process of making Fried Idlis.
Ingredients to make fried idlis:
- 6-7 leftover idlis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Oil for frying
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Tomato Ketchup or any other dip for serving (optional)
Instructions to make fried idlis:
- Cut the leftover idlis into small cubes of about 1 inch each.
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, rice flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix them well.
- Add water gradually to the bowl and mix it until it forms a smooth batter. Also, make sure that the batter is not too thick or too thin.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadhai.
- Dip the idli cubes into the batter also ensuring that they are coated evenly.
- Drop the coated idlis into the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Once they are fried, remove them from the oil and place them on a tissue paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Garnish the Fried Idlis with chopped coriander leaves and serve them hot with tomato ketchup or any other dip of your choice.
- You can adjust the amount of spices as per your taste preferences.
- Make sure that the oil is hot enough before frying the idlis. Also, the oil should not be too hot, as it can burn the coating.
- If the batter becomes too thick, add a little water to it.
- Do not overcrowd the frying pan with too many idlis at once, as it can lower the temperature of the oil and result in soggy idlis.
- You can also use leftover dosas or uttapams instead of idlis.
Fried Idli is a delicious and easy-to-make snack that can be prepared in no time. Moreover, it is a great way to use leftover idlis and turn them into a tasty snack that can be enjoyed as a breakfast or an evening snack. Also, with a crispy texture and a spicy flavor, Fried Idlis are a favorite among snack lovers. Try out this recipe and treat yourself to a delicious snack that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Connect with us :
+ There are no commentsAdd yours