Benefits of Tulsi: Tulsi is considered very important in Indian culture. The Tulsi plant is planted in many Hindu homes and temples where it is worshipped. Tulsi is also called ‘Vrinda’ which is the wife of Lord Vishnu. This is the reason why Tulsi is worshiped like a goddess.
Tulsi plant is as holy as it is beneficial. Tulsi is used for eradicating Vastu defects to attain salvation. But apart from this, there are many such benefits of Tulsi, about which I will tell you in detail today.
- Tulsi has anti-stress properties which help in reducing stress. Tulsi tea should be consumed to stay stress-free.
- Tulsi is an antioxidant. Immunity increases by drinking drops of basil extract in water.
- Tulsi is also very beneficial for the brain. Its daily consumption increases the functionality of the brain and also sharpens memory.
- Basil leaves are also effective in relieving toothache. Make a tablet of black pepper and basil leaves and keep it under the tooth, it provides relief from toothache.
- Reduces Fever (antipyretic) & Pain(analgesic)
- Reduces Cold, Cough & Other Respiratory Disorders
- Tulsi is also very beneficial to Heart Health
- It has anti-cancer properties
- Tulsi is good for Diabetes Patients
- It is Useful in Kidney stones & Gouty Arthritis
- It is good for Skin & Hair
- Tulsi acts as an Insect Repellent
- It Insect Bites & Blood Purification
- Tulsi has good for Oral and Dental Health
How to Consume Tulsi?
- Consume Tulsi leaves raw, plucked fresh from the plant, add it to your tea, or make kadha out of it.
- Tulsi tea: To make tulsi tea, boil 1 cup of water and pour it over 1 tsp of fresh tulsi leaves, 1/2 tsp of dried tulsi leaves, or 1/3 tsp of tulsi powder. Cover the water in a pot or mug and let it seep for 15-20 minutes. Then strain the leaves, add honey if desired, and enjoy.
- Tulsi powders and supplements are also available in the market for consumption.
(Disclaimer: The information given here is based on general information. Please take medical advice before adopting it. THE MONK does not endorse it.)