White sauce pasta is a delicious and creamy pasta dish that is perfect for a cozy dinner or a special occasion. Moreover, it’s easy to make and can be customized with your favorite vegetables and meats.
Here is a simple recipe for white sauce pasta
- 250 grams pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup diced chicken or ham
Directions for making white sauce pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add all-purpose flour to the pan and whisk until smooth. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, to make a roux.
- Gradually pour in the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Also, add dried basil, salt, and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted and well combined.
- If you want to add vegetables or meats, sauté them in a separate pan until cooked, then add them to the white sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve hot with additional Parmesan cheese and also freshly chopped herbs, if desired.
- You can use any type of pasta you like, such as penne, fusilli, or spaghetti.
- In addition, to make the sauce creamier, add a splash of heavy cream or cream cheese.
- However, if the sauce becomes too thick, add a splash of milk to thin it out.
- For extra flavor, you can add chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or thyme to the sauce.
Connect with us :
+ There are no commentsAdd yours